New Delhi, August 11: Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Ujjwala 2.0 (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – PMUY) by handing over the LPG connections in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh.
What is Ujjwala 2.0?
The central government would provide about 1 crore of gas connections to the needy, along with free charging and a stove, as part of Ujjwala 2.0.
When Ujjwala 1.0 was launched in 2016, a target was set to provide LPG connections to 5 million female members of BPL households. Subsequently, the program was expanded in April 2018 to include women beneficiaries from seven additional categories (SC / ST, PMAY, AAY, backward classes, tea garden, forest dwellers, islands). In addition, the target has been revised to 8 Crore of GPL connections. This goal was met in August 2019, seven months ahead of the target date.
In the Union budget for fiscal years 21-22, a provision for an additional LPG connection of one crore under the PMUY program has been announced. These one million additional connections to PMUY (under Ujjwala 2.0) aim to provide deposit-free GPL connections to low-income families that could not be covered by the previous phase of PMUY.
In addition to an LPG connection without a deposit, Ujjwala 2.0 will provide the beneficiaries with the first recharge and the hotplate free of charge. In addition, the registration process will require a minimum of paperwork. In Ujjwala 2.0, migrants will not be required to present ration cards or proof of address. A self-declaration both for the âdeclaration of familyâ and as âproof of domicileâ will suffice. Ujjwala 2.0 will help realize the Prime Minister’s vision of universal access to LPG.
How to apply for Ujjwala 2.0 online
Go to PMUY website – https://pmuy.gov.in/
Enter the application form, which shows the address, Jandhan bank account and Aadhar number of all members.
Upload the required documents.
After processing the request, the connection will be delivered by the Petroleum Marketing Companies (OMCs) to eligible beneficiaries.
In the event that the EMI is chosen, the EMI amount will be adjusted in relation to the amount of the subsidy due to the consumer at each recharge.
How to apply for Ujjwala 2.0 offline
Offline claims for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana can be submitted by completing and submitting an application form to the local LPG distribution agency.
Eligibility criteria to benefit from a connection under Ujjwala 2.0
- Applicant (female only) must have reached the age of 18.
- There should be no other GPL connection from an OMC in the same household.
- Adult female belonging to one of the following categories – SC, ST, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin), the most backward classes (MBC), Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY), tea tribes and ancient tea gardens, locals forest, people residing in Islands and River Islands, enlisted as part of SECC households (AHL TIN) or any poor household according to the 14 point declaration.
- Know your customer (KYC)
- Applicant’s Aadhaar card as proof of identity and proof of address in case the applicant resides at the same address as mentioned in Aadhaar (not required for Assam and Meghalaya).
- Ration card issued by the state from which the request is made / other state Govt. document certifying family composition / Self-declaration in accordance with Annex I (for migrant applicants)
- Aadhaar of beneficiary and adult family members appearing in the document at Sl.3.
- Bank account number and IFSC
- Additional KYC to support family status.
Article first published: Wednesday August 11, 2021, 6:02 PM [IST]